The Sugarcube is a dynamic interior design studio with a commitment to quality & innovation.
We offer complete interior design packages; from initial concepts through to production drawings, specifications, ordering, organisation of contractors, dressing, and those important finishing touches.
The Sugar Cube was founded in 2007 by Designer, Edita Sykora Malowney and is based in London, operating internationally in both the residential and commercial sectors.
Clients have included hotels, bars and restaurants, budget, mid to high end private homes as well as investment (buy-to-let) properties.
We believe we set new standards in establishing strong rapport with each client. We recognise the importance of individuality and personal taste hence we spend a great deal of time creating a working dialogue with the client ensuring our designs are truly bespoke and suited to their needs.
Sugarcube is defined by a sense of practical positivity and the creative possibility that we infuse in all of our projects.
Before & After
All aspects of the design development are within the client’s reach from the outset. Nevertheless, in fulfilling their ultimate interior, we create design solutions that exceed our client’s expectations.
The studio introduces high-end property development principles to new audiences, offering a full interior design and project co-ordination service to both residential and commercial clients.
The Sugarcube has been responsible for the successful refurbishment of a variety of different building projects - from city apartments where every millimeter of space counts, to warm and welcoming family homes, as well as stylish spas and bespoke hotels.
Full Interior Design
- Involves complete home renovation and projects that often involve major and structural refurbishment or new-build property, including kitchen and bathroom design, with full furniture and furnishing specification.
- Site survey
- Spatial planning- (which involves working alongside Architects to finalise layouts before submitting for panning applications )
- Long-term client support
- Furniture selection
- Budget studies
Procurement and Design Project Management
- A continuation of the full interior design service, supporting clients in the execution of the design; providing a complete turnkey solution – ensuring your project is seamless as possible and that any costly mistakes are avoided.
- Overseeing internal design and structural work
Making sure that builders, carpenters and electricians are working according to design plans as previously set-out, liaising with contractors and installers on meeting the design specifications
- dealing with obstacles or on-site difficulties.
- A one-off design consultation session often focuses upon a room to room design trouble shooting, involving a meeting on-site with clients to address specific design issues and needs and/or personalise a space through introducing colours, additional furnishing selection or adjusting room layouts.
- This a highly focused session concentrating on aesthetic design; providing clients with a detailed presentation that summarises all points discussed, enabling them to self-manage the design going forwards.
Project Development & Process
Edita’s hands-on approach to interior design can incorporate every part of the project process, from drafts to reality – spatial and lighting planning; production drawings; furniture, fixture and equipment procurement (FF&E); order management; liaising with contractors, and important finishing touches, such as soft furnishings, artwork and accessories.
This close attention-to-detail during the initial design process is carried through into project co-ordination. Edita works closely alongside installation teams and in supporting clients with on-site trouble-shooting to ensure the best results throughout.
Each project is specifically tailored to the client’s individual needs, making every one unique. Working closely to the client’s brief is always the starting point in our design process.
Edita employs her talent for colour, texture and a strong awareness of spatial design to infuse her design concepts with inspirational ideas that yield practical results.
The Sugarcube has developed strong working relationships with a select group of building specialists, although we are equally comfortable working with installers chosen by our clients.
Clients will enjoy a professional, forthright consultation which delivers a smooth project process that ensures work is delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards.